Bạn đang xem bản rút gọn của tài liệu. Xem và tải ngay bản đầy đủ của tài liệu tại đây (37.4 KB, 4 trang )
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO KÌ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI TỈNH LỚP 12
NGHỆ AN NĂM HỌC 2008 – 2009
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH 12 THPT – BẢNG A
Thời gian làm bài:180 phút
SECTION A: PHONETICS
I. Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others:
1. A. great B. bread C. break D. veil
2. A. foreign B. continent C. scholarship D. almost
3. A. raise B. chase C. increase D. cease
4. A. boot B. shoot C. good D. food
5. A. laugh B. plough C. cough D. enough
II. Identify the word whose stressed pattern is different from that of the others:
6. A. agency B. memory C. influence D. encounter
7. A. detective B. completely C. regional D. campaign
8. A. preservation B. dictation C. reservation D. liberation
9. A. preserve B. tropical C. climate D. temperature
10. A. advantage B. authority C. government D. intention
SECTION B: VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR
I . Choose the best answer from A, B, C or D to complete the following sentences:
11. I couldn’t tell what time it was because workmen had removed the _______ of the clock.
A. hands B. pointers C. arms D. fingers
12. At the end of the winter, the price of winter clothes in the shop usually _______.
A. reduces B. lowers C. sinks D. drops
13. “I can’t remember us ever _______” replied the stranger.
A. to meet B. to have meet C. being met D. having met
14. The prime Minister made no _______ to the incident in his speech.
A. reference B. mention C. impression D. gesture
15. There was a sudden loud _______ which made everyone jump
A. split B. strike C. bang D. stroke
16. Harry must pay the money back . He must _______.