Bạn đang xem bản rút gọn của tài liệu. Xem và tải ngay bản đầy đủ của tài liệu tại đây (73.24 KB, 2 trang )
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA CHẤT LƯỢNG ĐẦU NĂM 2009-2010
Môn: Tiếng Anh 11CB (45 phút)
---***---I. Choose the best answer.
1. A good friendship is also based on ____________.
A. true B. truth C. truly D. trust
2. One of the qualities for true friendship is _____________.
A. sympathy B. helping C. unselfish D. selfishness
3. It was her _________ that separated her from her classmates.
A. unselfish B. selfishness C. unselfishness D. selfish
4. Two friends must be ____________ to each other.
A. loyal B. loyalty C. changeable D. A & C
5. We study hard in high school to entrance a good school.
A B C D
6. The boy saw the cat _________ through the window.
A. jump B. go C. to enter D. to jump
7. I appreciate highly his ____________.
A. constant B. constancies C. constancy D. constantly
8. Did you went anywhere interesting last week?
A B C D
9. The woman is talking to Jim is Australian.
A B C D
10. Nobody can stand her _________.
A. sneak B. sneaky C. sneaking D. sneakiness
11. She glanced __________ the letter then gave it _________ me.
A. through / to B. over / at C. at / to D. on / from
12. The Beatles were the pop __________ of the 60’s.
A. ideas B. ideal C. idol D. idols
13. The vaccine was used to protect the whole population __________ infection.
A. to B. out of C. for D. from
14. It _______ three years ago while I _________ at my sister’s house.
A. happen / was staying B. was / were stayed C. happened / was staying D. had happened / was
15. Speaking English to native speakers makes Khanh more interesting in learning English.
A B C D
16. “___________?” “Yes. I talked to an American girl last month.”
A. Did you ever speak English to a native speaker B. Have you ever spoken English to a native speaker
C. Do you ever spoken English to a native speaker D. Will you speak English to a native speaker
17. She was exhausted because the weather was __________ hot.
A. fairly B. quite C. extremely D. so
18. Please don’t ________. Everything will be all right.
A. make mistakes B. make sure C. make it D. make a fuss
19. I remember _________ him on a nice summer afternoon.
A. to meet B. to have met C. meeting D. meet
20. Their trip to the countryside was a ___________ experience.
A. memorial B. memorable C. memorizing D. memorized
21. The fire started because she forgot turning off the gas cooker.
A B C D
II. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently.
22. A. children B. French C. cheese D. characteristic
23. A. finger B. singer C. thing D. morning
24. A. village B. dangerous C. joke D. regular
Mã đề: 11
III. Choose the appropriate word to fill the blank.
Jim and his family were _(26)_ to a new town. Four strong men started _(27)_ all things out of the house
and put them in the van. When all the furniture was in the van, the men drove _(28)_. Jim got into the car with his
mum and dad. He sat in the back, _(29)_ Sid, his black and white cat, very tightly. His father started the car and
off they went. Jim _(30)_ good-bye to his friend Colin, who lived in the house next door. He was sad to leave.
26. A. moving B. to move C. moved D. move
27. A. to carry B. carry C. to carrying D. push
28. A. off B. away C. through D. over
29. A. to hold B. hold C. holding D. being hold
30. A. told B. had waved C. had told D. waved
IV. Choose one sentence that has the same meaning as the root one.
31. I appreciate your giving me a lift.
A. It’s so kind to you to give me a lift. B. It’s too kindness of you to give me a lift.
A. Are these the cheap gloves you’ve got? B. Aren’t these the cheapest gloves you’ve got?
C. Are these the cheapest gloves you’ve got? D. Are these cheaper than gloves you’ve got?
33. She was shouting at the children. I heard her.
A. I was heard her shouting at the children. B. I heard her shouting at the children.
C. I heard she shouting at the children. D. I heard her was shouting at the children.
34. Peter McKay has been vice-president of marketing since 2005; before that time he worked as a sales
A. Before he had worked as a sales representative, Peter McKay became vice-president of marketing.
B. After Peter McKay became vice-president of marketing, he had worked as a sales representative.
C. When he had finished working a sales representative, Peter McKay became vice-president of marketing.
D. Peter McKay became vice-president of marketing after he had worked as a sales representative.
35. My parents made me study hard when I was at school.
A. I was made to study hard when I was at school. B. I was made studying hard when a boy.
C. I was made to study hard when I was a boy. D. I was made to study hard when at school.
V. Read the passage and choose the best answer to each question.
After spending a day at the beach, I stopped to buy a snack on my way home. But when I reached for my
wallet, it wasn’t there. I checked my other pockets, and the car and then headed back to look at the beach. My
driver’s license, my ID card - my mind was racing through all the things I had lost and I felt rotten. A search of
the beach and parking lot proved fruitless, so I headed home. I tried to forget it because there was nothing I could
do, but I was mad at myself for losing it. After dinner when I was watching TV and trying to forget, the phone
rang and a voice asked: “Did you lose a wallet? I found it on the beach.” What a great feeling that gave me - not
only for my luck, but also for my faith in all humanity!
36. How much time did the writer spend on the beach?
A. Two days B. One day C. A day and a half D. Three days
37. What did he lose?
A. His car B. His wallet C. His key D. His mind
38. How did he feel when he knew that he lost his driver’s license and ID card?
A. He felt unhappy. B. He felt happy. C. He felt angry. D. He felt excited.
39. Where did he go after searching the beach and the parking lot and finding nothing?
A. He went to the police station. B. He went home.
C. He went to his office. D. He went to the grocery store.
40. What did the person who found his wallet do?
A. He called him. B. He came to his house
C. He called the police. D. He gave his wallet to the police.